Saturday, August 22, 2009

Final summer house project--the cabinets

I've been sanding and painting the cabinets in the kitchen these past few days. Like all home remodeling projects it's going to take longer and be more complicated than planned. I was hoping to get it all done by the end of this weekend, but I don't think I'll finish it tomorrow. Mimi has been in town to celebrate an early birthday for Ellen and has helped a ton just being around and hanging out with the girls so I can work on the cabinets.

The girls were once again happy to help. We had to take everything out so that I could sand in kitchen.
This is one of the rooms that we stored all the stuff that was in the cabinets. One of the fun parts about home repair is you get to live in chaos! We put it all back late last night so now we just have to live without the doors for a few days. I had fun getting rid of food and junk that I know we'll never use but has been shoved in the back of the pantry:)

This is what I've looked like for the past 2 days.

I'll post pictures of the finished project soon!

3 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

You crack me up! What can't you do? My goodness. You are amazing. Love the picture of you. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Claire said...

We have been cleaning house too- just had a garage sale and made a bunch of money, but goodbye baby stuff(sniffle). Miss you girl.

Lesley said...

Jen, You should wear that at the beach instead of yucky sunscreen.
Jason