Saturday, January 08, 2011

Easy Embroidery (how to)


I made these shirts for the girls for Christmas. I came up with the idea while I was at Belk trying to spend enough money to use a $10 off coupon. These solid t-shirts were only $8 and the girls always need new t-shirts since that's all they ever wear. I got these but I thought they were too plain to give as Christmas presents so I figured I'd go to the hobby store and find something to put on them. These little embroidered iron-on letters were about a dollar and seemed perfect as I've noticed that E and A are always drawn to things with their name or initials. 

I ironed them according to the directions, but figured they weren't going to stay since the material is so stretchy in these shirts. To keep them from falling off I just stitched them very quickly around the letters. The whole thing was less than $10 and the kids love them! 

2 comments:

KathyB said...

you three girls are after my own heart - I love monogrammed things! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Not only is the monogramming so super cute, but what a great photo of your girls!
Thanks for showing how doable it is to create your own unique shirts.