Friday, February 09, 2007

Am I 4 now?

Those were Arianna's first words as she walked out of her bedroom this morning. She had her little feetsie pjs and her hair was all in her face and she looked at me with those big brown eyes with a smile. Today is her birthday and she has been waiting for this day for a long time. Seems like she's been 3 forever, but on the other hand she seems like she's so much older! I just can't believe my baby is 4 years old now:). We spent the day making a castle cake, decorating for the cinderella party on Sunday, dressing up, and dancing. My dad and s-mom in Baton Rouge sent her a bag full of the princess dresses with jewelry and head pieces! Lately they spend a lot of time (most of their play time at home) changing clothes in and out of leotards and dresses and doing dances.
This was the first round of gifts which started around 6:30 this morning. We wanted to open them before daniel went to work! We got her a carriage to go with her castle. Ellen gets "sister gifts" and ends up with a lot of presents for arianna's birthday too! I got her a little locking diary from the dollar store. she wrote about 5 pages of words. She wrote several months and other words off of different lists I have posted in the playroom where we do our "school work." She was doing it all on her own and didn't want any help! They both got a pink robe with the princesses on the back. I had to make Ellen take it off before going to the store this afternoon. She couldn't understand why it wasn't appropriate for Kroger!




This last picture was my desparate attempt to make a castle cake (vegan). It looked so easy online :) One of my problems was that I was letting the girls help me all day. It's a lot of fun to have them help and they love it but . . . things don't turn out quite the same as if I was doing it alone! Our friend Lily had a castle cake for her birthday and when I brought the cake out for us to sing to Arianna tonight Ellen said that Lily's was a "real castle cake". I guess that means that ours didn't quite make the castle status. It was tasty though!!

No comments: