Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day Photos

I asked Daniel what he wanted to do for father's day and he couldn't really think of anything (except sleep in). He just wanted a regular day...go figure! So we had a very relaxing day just hanging out. He played with the girls and then worked outside in the yard and garden for several hours. Then he came back in to play and read with the girls some more. I didn't do much either and since he spent so much time with the girls I got a break on Father's day :) I know I don't say it enough but I am so thankful for the father that he is--always so willing to help, work, love, laugh, and play. He's the parent at the park or wherever that actually wants to play with the kids most of the time. The girls are very lucky, as am I, for having such a wonderful dad.

I'm posting some pictures of things we've done in the past few weeks. Daniel likes to use every moment possible to be with and teach the girls. So here he is doing some work and play and showing the girls a few new things. Here they are bike riding and discovering all kinds of new stuff along the way.

Getting help with plumber's putty while installing our new faucet.

Taking measurements of the roof to see how much rain water we could be collecting (if we had enough barrels, gutters, and storage.)

Just a great picture of father and son holding seeds and posing for a picture by Arianna a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen Jen, you are indeed lucky to have such a terrific father for the girls and husband for you, and I'm lucky to have such a great son-in-law.
Happy Fathers Day Daniel.
MiMi
Oh, by the way Daniel, you and your dad look so much alike (but we knew that). Jen can look at William and see what you'll look like one day! Not too shabby!

William Kruidenier said...

Hey -- I heard that!

Flattery will get you everywhere, Kathy! :-)