Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Arianna update

She is doing fine. The swellig has gone down and the scab is about to fall off. The doctor told us that the glue should start pealing off by the end of the week and that's what it looks like it's going to do. The only problem is that it is itchy and she can't scratch it. She just wiggles her nose and that usually helps. It really hasn't changed the way our days have been. I am paranoid about every step she takes and I still get kind of sick to my stomach when I look at her lip. Some kids act funny around her. They don't really know what to do and then stare at her. The bold kids ask her what's wrong and the shy ones turn away. After playing for a little while it seems like they just get used to it. At the museum yesterday for playgroup I had to hold her hand and tell lots of kids and parents what was wrong with her lip. We have taken a little break from the trampoline. I jump on there with them holdig Arianna's hand so that she doesn't fall and bump her face. A few people have asked me if I'm going to make a rule that only one person can jump at a time. That doesn't seem like much fun to me:) Part of the fun of the trampoline is bouncing and playing games with friends. We'll definitely be more careful when little ones are on there with big ones.

No comments: