Tuesday, March 20, 2007

we're back

After our trip to the beach the girls and I went to see my cousins who were visiting my mom in Mtn. City, TN. It's only about a 4 hour drive to their house in the mountains. My cousins from Jackson, MS (Dustin, Dylan, and Devon) were on spring break and had been planning to ski and snow board while at mom's. I was thinking it was too warm but I was wrong. It turned out to be great skiing weather because it was warm enough to wear short sleeves and the slopes had a good base of snow from the cold weather the week before. So we met them at Sugar Mtn. ski slope on Wednesday morning and spent the afternoon skiing. I have some great pictures but I'm not able to upload them at this time. I can't remember how to do it on this new computer :) and I don't feel like playing around with it tonight. I'll post them soon. The girls were able to get up and down the bunny slope all by themselves. Even though I don't really like to ski that much we had lots of fun playing around. As I was telling a friend, the combination of high speeds and freezing temperatures just aren't that fun for me anymore! I took the girls (individually) up the chair lifts to some bigger slopes and let them ski some then put them in between my legs so we could go faster. While we were not skiing the girls had so much fun playing with their cousins. It was so good to see them and I plan to make a trip down to MS this summer to visit them again.
After spending 2 days at the slopes, my family left town and we went over to see our good friends who still live in Boone. The Morrisons, Anna, Scott, Julian, Madeline, Kalen and Brayden were great hosts. They took us out to eat, let us stay with them, and then made breakfast (french toast--yummy!)for us the next morning. I hardly saw Ellen and Arianna because they were so busy playing with their friends. As if all that wasn't enough fun:) We then went to see Matt and Ginger and their new baby Madeline. Matt and Ginger lived with us in Boone and they have now built a beautiful house in the mountains. Ginger is beautiful and so is her daughter who is only 2 months. What a beautiful family and I had a relaxing morning while visiting with them. The girls loved seeing the baby and only asked me about, oh, I don't know, 10 times if I could have another baby!
I only wish Daniel would have been with us on this trip. He was truly missed.

No comments: